

I'm already tearing up... not a good sign. I remember the first time Jessica babysat for me. My daughter was about 18 months old and I was packing up our house to move up the street. It was the first time in my life that I had hired a babysitter (who wasn't my mother). I remember thinking about this new chapter and feeling so comforted knowing she was the one watching my little person as I filled boxes and felt my son kicking in my belly. She has been our primary sitter for the past 2 years and an enormous blessing to our little family. My kids are in love with her. Juniper talks about her all the time and asks for her regularly and Everett runs to her every time he sees her. And of course my husband and I adore her. I tell her all the time that my biggest hope is that my daughter turns out just like her. She is simply an amazing person.
Jessica is going to be so embarrassed that I wrote all this but I can't help myself! She is leaving soon to the Philippines (!) to serve an 18 month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Her mother and I sort of made her do the shoot. I told Jess I was going to title this post "What do I do with my hands?!" because she asked me that about 27 times during the session. I'm still laughing about it! She honestly has no idea how gorgeous she is. Anyway, these photos are my favorite. We love you, Jess, and I hope you have an amazing adventure in the Philippines!! I can't wait to hear you talk about the food. Expect lots of packages full of treats with bite marks in them, Instagram photos of my kids, and finger paintings!









You captured her perfectly! I love these photos Britt. And your words about her are exactly how i feel. I think we worry about her like a sister because she is the type of person that seems too good to be true.
ReplyDeleteI love Jess!! She is such a beautiful person!! Your photos are amazing Brit!
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures! I don't really like getting my picture taken, but you made it easy and fun! Thank you so much for taking the time to show me what to do with my hands!!! Most awkward person alive but somehow you made these look so natural! You're the best!! I will miss you! We are so excited to see the family pictures too!! You are AMAZING!
ReplyDelete